Staff Property Accountant
|Date Posted||August 12, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply and get connected with a VIP recruiter today.
We are assisting our North Dallas client with a search for a Property Accountant. They are offering a competitive compensation package, including great benefits.
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to property tax, sales & use tax, base/variable lease, deferred costs, prepaid insurance, capital lease, and other prepaids.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to record bank activity.
- Prepare third party manager elimination entries.
- Update balance sheet support schedules which includes property tax roll forward and base/variable lease schedules.
- Update operating and capital lease schedules which include reviewing lease documents for proper accounting treatment.
- Update monthly third-party incentive management fee schedules.
- Update and maintain proper support documentation for property tax files.
- Update and reconcile intercompany schedules.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations including research of reconciling items.
- Assist with the monthly and annual close process, ensuring close deadlines are met.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests including but not limited to SOX testing, interim and year end audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- One to two years of general accounting experience.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Oracle experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.