Senior Trust Accountant
|Date Posted||August 16, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
Our Downtown Dallas client is searching for a Senior Trust Accountant. This position will be responsible for maintenance of books and records, associated investment details, and supporting documentation for transactions occurring in a complex of trusts.
- Maintain books and records for trusts owning private assets in accordance with established procedures and controls.
- Record and reconcile investment details to books and records.
- Prepare or review periodic statements of trust activity.
- Prepare or review cash transactions to move funds through a series of trusts.
- Perform waterfall calculations related to the trusts to determine the allocation of cash distributions among various stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of the design and implementation of trust reporting needs to clients and complete tasks for assigned trusts on a periodic basis.
- Perform interest and fee calculations for a series of trusts based on prescribed calculations included in the related agreements.
- Assist in design and implementation of internal audit practices and procedures.
- Prepare reports that calculate and analyze performance returns.
- Analyze cash flow projections and budget variances.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- CPA and experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.