Senior Internal Auditor
|Date Posted||August 21, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Senior Auditor. The mission of Internal Audit is to assist the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and Management and in the effective performance of their responsibilities, including the establishment of an appropriate internal control, governance, and risk management environment. Internal Audit & Compliance is an independent function established within the company to examine, evaluate, and report on worldwide activities, monitor applicable regulations, add value, and improve operations.
- Perform financial, operational, IT and compliance audits for all segments of the company’s operations, functions, and processes in accordance with the IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
- Test and evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s Internal Controls to assist Management in complying with financial reporting, operational and other regulations.
- Make recommendations to help to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all areas audited, and in general, add value to the company.
- Provide internal management consulting services and participate in fraud investigations and other special projects.
- Willing and able to travel about two weeks each month for 6 to 7 months of the year (mostly international) to accomplish audit assignments. Willing and able to travel by plane and operate a car as needed.
- Perform “life-of-a-transaction” audit procedures including process and control walkthroughs (with a test of one), tests of control design, tests of operating effectiveness of controls with representative samples.
- May be assigned as a Team Lead on specific audits (teams are generally 2-3 auditors), and provide leadership, risk assessment, planning, organization, oversight, and personnel development in the execution of assigned audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. An MBA, Master of Accounting, or other relevant master’s degree would be a strong plus.
- A minimum of one professional certification (e.g., CPA, CMA, CIA, CISA, CFA, etc.)
- 3-4 years of auditing experience in Public Accounting and/or with a complex and respected organization.
- Expertise in the IIA Auditing Standards or GAAS (Generally Accepted Auditing Standards) and deep expertise in risk assessment, and internal control concepts and practices.
- Knowledge and experience in external financial reporting regulations, standards and practices.
- Knowledge of a broad range of business processes in a complex company (e.g., Inventory, Fixed Assets, Credit, Receivables, Procurement, Payables, Sales, Hedging, Payroll, HR, etc.).
- Knowledge of process excellence concepts/practices - what makes a process efficient and effective.
- Experience with a substantial manufacturing organization is very desirable.
- Experience with a process improvement oriented consulting firm would be a plus and could serve as an alternative to audit-related/accounting experience.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.