IT Project Manager
|Date Posted||October 01, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for an IT Project Manager. The primary responsibilities of this critical position will be to ensure the timely and effective delivery of IT projects across multiple lines of business. This will include planning the technology projects and working in a hands-on capacity with both IT professionals and the business in order to successfully complete projects.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid time off
- 401K with match
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget and of high quality.
- Develop a detailed project plan including project schedule, issues/risk log, and regular reporting to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, and uncovering areas for improvement.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet with clients to clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of goals.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with Business as well as other staff members.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Develop presentations, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and IT for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with 5 - 10 team members.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile Project Management tools such as Jira or equivalent as well as Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
© VIP 2019 | An equal opportunity employer