|Date Posted||October 28, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Roanoke, TX client in a search for an AP/AR Specialist. The Accounts Payable Specialist position is responsible for accounts payable processing for the Accounting department and ensuring accurate & timely financial information.
- Ensure accuracy of G/L and job # coding on PO’s and/or vendor invoices.
- Receive all vendor invoices and ensure proper PO matching.
- Research and reconcile invoice/PO discrepancies.
- Assemble weekly check runs per Controller’s directions.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Enter weekly time sheets to payroll system.
- Enter job estimates to accounting program as per SOV.
- Prepare and maintain effective e-filing and paper filing system for all construction contracts and change orders.
- Prepare payment applications as directed by Controller.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Prepare deposits for Controller.
- Bill work tickets as directed by Controller and General Manager.
- Gather, sort, and distribute incoming mail.
- Assist with answering telephone.
- Gather and properly file all new hire paperwork.
- Assist with filing and general office duties as needed.
- Assist with employee requests for paychecks stubs, reset passwords, etc.
- Prepare SOV’s, safety submittals, close out docs, warranty letters and other necessary contract related documents.
- Associate degree in Accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 5 years of full-cycle Accounts Payable work experience with working knowledge of GAAP.
- Construction, manufacturing, and/or project accounting experience highly preferred.
- Intermediate Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience using accounting software.
© VIP 2019 | An equal opportunity employer