|Date Posted||October 29, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Sugar Creek, MO client with a search for an Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager is a key member of the management team creating value through interpretation of results and providing recommended strategies to assist in making business decisions. The person is responsible for the operation of the entire finance team and processes including, but not limited to, invoicing, A/R, A/P, SOX compliance, capital requests and financial report preparation. The incumbent shall utilize analysis and judgment to ensure that product line activities are reflected accurately in the financial statements and help the management team make more informed decisions to ultimately improve profitability of the businesses.
- Manage, mentor, and develop direct reports
- Recommend business improvement actions based on analysis
- Ensure activities are reflected accurately in the financial statements
- Support product line strategic review
- Review and adjust forecast and budget drivers
- Perform standard and ad hoc analysis to support the business needs
- Analyze and submit Capital Expenditure Requests (CERs)
- Support Management in running the business
- Liaise with head office to ensure product line requirements & controls are being met
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Continuous business process improvement to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Forecasting accuracy
- Compliance with internal audit and SOX
- Identification of business improvement and growth opportunities
- Critical review of financial statements
- Ensure strong controls for business
- Effective management of team and individuals
- Supervision and development of a team of 5-7 people.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance. Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of financial/business experience in increasingly responsible and complex roles. Operational Finance experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage people.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated financial/business analysis skills.
- Detailed knowledge of Product Line business models and operations.
© VIP 2019 | An equal opportunity employer