|Date Posted||October 30, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Grand Prairie, TX client with a search for an Assistant Controller. This position serves as a team leader in day-to-day management over the general accounting team members ensuring the accounting department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization’s audits and regulatory filings. This position will also assist the Corporate Controller with financial and tax accounting, reporting and SOX compliance strategies for a publicly traded company. The Assistant Controller prepares annual state reporting, registrations, and supporting schedules for tax compliance and provides detail support for quarterly and annual external audits. This is a hands-on, deadline-driven position that requires exceptional software skills to maximize the utilization of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Assist the Corporate Controller with preparation of month end close process, analysis of comparative periods, budget and forecast variances and technical accounting interpretations.
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, and other analyses as required to support the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closes.
- Review the preparation of annual audit and quarterly review workpapers with explanations satisfying audit inquiries.
- Assist in managing the revenue cycle gross to net processing and reconciliation of account receivable, billing, discounts, chargebacks, rebates, reserve analysis, research and statistical analysis of activities performed by outsourced 3PL.
- Review adherence to internal controls, provide narrative updates and any remedial action plans for certification under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Provide interpretive responses, white papers and implementation strategies of various accounting and tax pronouncements.
- Prepare and review Federal and State tax compliance, sales by State, apportionment schedules, business tax credits and various supporting schedules supporting return preparation and tax provision workpapers.
- Prepares various State annual reporting, registrations, property tax renditions and supporting schedules.
- Implement and maintain internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley evidence of review for manufacturing plant, operations, sales and finance cross functional activities.
- Cross train in inter-departmental transactional activity.
- Responsible for the proper administration and communication of information related to narcotics and other controlled substances in accordance with company policies and procedure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting. Masters of Science in Accounting a plus.
- Active CPA required.
- 10 years plus of experience in accounting; 2+ years of audit experience with a national public audit firm, 8+ years experience managing an accounting department for a publicly traded manufacturing and distribution company.
- Demonstrated experience in day to day accounting processes, procedures, tax compliance and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in SOX 404 compliance and evidence of review.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and improving ERP systems.
- Demonstrated experience as a team member supporting various departments and staff.
- Advanced working knowledge and application of US GAAP, accounting technique in application and compliance, technical research and white papers.
- Advanced understanding of corporate financial policies.
- Broad experience in various accounting, tax, reporting and variance analysis.
- Prefer experience with a public filer in the Life Sciences industry.
© VIP | An equal opportunity employer