Staff Accountant Corporate Banking
|Date Posted||November 14, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Grapevine, TX client in a search for a Staff Accountant, Corporate Banking. This position is a critical member of the U.S. Accounting team, participating in creating, analyzing and reporting timely and accurate financial information for management and investors. Working independently, the Staff Accountant, Corporate Banking is responsible for corporate bank account reconciliations and related accounting. To succeed in this role, the accountant develops business acumen that allows him/her to understand and discuss business and accounting drivers of financial transactions. He/she builds impactful working relationships and communicates clearly with various departments to ensure all financial transactions are timely recorded and supported.
The staff accountant will play a key role in the monthly accounting cycle and will assist his/her supervisor with special projects, as necessary, with an emphasis on improving team processes and procedures and more effectively reporting on ongoing operations. The associate will interact with his/her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback.
- Maintain daily bank reconciliations and partner with A/P, Payroll, and Treasury to research and timely resolve all discrepancies
- Compile and analyze exceptions trends to deliver reporting and insights to management
- Prepare reporting and analysis to support the escheatment process
- Prepare, maintain, and understand balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and record journal entries
- Provide accounting support to various business units and departments as assigned
- Analyze and explain business drivers of balance sheet and income statement variances
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as request by management
- Prepare audit schedules and assist the auditors in their inquiries
- Assist in special projects and reports as needed within the general scope of this role
- Maintain strict confidentiality required of company financial data
- Proactively collaborate within the scope of the role to simplify processes, enhance financial analysis, strengthen controls, and better leverage financial systems.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication to internal and external customers
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Model team commitment by adhering to the team's expectations and guidelines; meeting deadlines; and by being cooperative, collaborative, and flexible
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of general accounting experience
- SOX experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and optimize the use of technologies preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- Must be detailed oriented
© VIP 2019 | An equal opportunity employer