Staff Accountant Inventory
|Date Posted||November 14, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Grapevine, TX client in a search for a Staff Accountant, Inventory. This position is a critical member of the Accounting team, participating in creating, analyzing and reporting timely and accurate financial information for management and investors. Working independently, the Staff Accountant, Inventory will be responsible for inventory accounting comprised of maintaining costs in the inventory system, processing business to business sales transactions, compiling inventory reporting for our management team and tracking vendor support related to inventory. Communicating clearly with various departments of the company and management will be essential to the success of this position. He/she builds impactful working relationships to support business partners and to ensure all financial transactions are timely recorded and supported.
The staff accountant will play a key role in the monthly accounting cycle and will assist his/her supervisor with special projects, as necessary, with an emphasis on improving team processes and procedures and more effectively reporting on ongoing operations. The associate will interact with his/her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback.
- Provide accounting support to various business units and departments as assigned.
- Record and track cost changes into the inventory subledger.
- Prepare and record journal entries.
- Analyze and explain business drivers of balance sheet and income statement variances.
- Compile weekly and monthly reporting to distribute to management team.
- Track vendor support for inventory items and provide necessary information to the accounts receivable team.
- Prepare, maintain, and understand balance sheet reconciliations.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as requested by management.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Assist in special projects and reports as needed within the general scope of this role.
- Maintain strict confidentiality required of company financial data.
- Proactively collaborate within the scope of the role to simplify processes, enhance financial analysis, strengthen controls, and better leverage financial systems.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication to internal and external customers.
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Model team commitment by adhering to the team's expectations and guidelines; meeting deadlines; and by being cooperative, collaborative, and flexible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of general accounting experience.
- SOX experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and optimize the use of technologies preferred.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Proficient knowledge of office computer platforms and applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Dynamics GP (Great Plains) preferred.
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities.
© VIP 2019 | An equal opportunity employer