|Date Posted||November 14, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Grapevine, TX client with a search for a Staff Auditor. This position will conduct testing and documentation activities for financial and operational internal audits. The principal responsibility of this position is to assess and evaluate the internal control environment by conducting internal audits and compliance testing. Auditor consults with all levels of the organization including management, for validation and resolution of audit findings. The auditor will interact with his or her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
- Perform audit procedures related to financial/operational processes and internal controls testing, including identifying, defining and documenting issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, documenting client processes and procedures using flowcharts and narratives, and working collaboratively with management to identify actions needed.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audits and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers.
- Represent internal audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
- Assist in assessing internal control components to mitigate risks regarding business information and processes.
- Perform related work as assigned by Internal Audit management.
- Adhere to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Manage relationships in ways acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Communicate with Sr. Auditor or Internal Audit Manager of the status of assigned tasks and changes to completion dates.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a degree in Business Administration (Accounting, Finance, or related field) required — related graduate degree, certification (CPA, CIA or similar) or candidate is preferred
- At least 1 year of general work experience required. At least 2 years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or similar work preferred — retail experience preferred
- Must possess a valid U.S. passport or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of employment
- Must be able to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally, as needed
- Proficient understanding of internal auditing, generally accepted audit standards, accounting principles and practices, audit/accounting terminology and concepts.
- Proficient knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation and associated compliance requirements.
- Proficient knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
© VIP 2019 | An equal opportunity employer