Senior Analyst Internal Controls
|Date Posted||November 14, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Grapevine, TX client with a search for a Senior Analyst, Internal Controls. This position will be a member of the Global Internal Controls team focused on risk and controls. The principal business outcome for this position is to assess, evaluate and remediate the internal control environment. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks, work independently and interact with all levels of management. Associate may interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
- Analyze the risks and the design of controls around key business processes and provide fundamental guidance on the control environment to the organization
- Provide process excellence knowledge including training to control owners and control managers
- Lead control deficiency analysis and development of remediation plans (including root cause analysis)
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging issues related to internal controls and internal audit
- Assist with developing management and/or audit committee reports
- Drive standardization of controls
- Recognize and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions including improving operations, reducing cost and enhancing contributions of the internal controls team
- Prepare and present articulate internal control findings and recommendations to relevant levels of management.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by management, including but not limited to, acquisitions, new business initiatives and/or new technology/systems.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with other internal functions including external audit
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers
- Adhere to all organizational and professional ethical standards
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a degree in Business Administration (Accounting, Finance, or related field) required — related graduate degree, certification (CPA, CIA or similar) is required.
- At least 4 years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or similar work required — retail experience preferred.
- Public accounting (Big 4) experience is required.
- Must possess a valid U.S. passport or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of employment.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally, as needed.
- Knowledge of GAAP, auditing standards and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Working knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Proficient ability to assess the effectiveness of internal controls over key risks; identify, collect, analyze and evaluate significant exposures and other management information; detect changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness; demonstrated ability to conclude and develop appropriate, related recommendations for management.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of work products.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
© VIP 2019 | An equal opportunity employer