Sr. Accountant, Financial Reporting
|Date Posted||January 07, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Carrollton, TX client in a search for a Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting. This position is responsible for the Company’s accounting in accordance with US GAAP, particularly for subsidiaries acquired in prior year who may not reflect the complex accounting necessary to adhere to US GAAP (i.e. revenue recognition, CAPEX, accruals, etc). This position performs monthly journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations to ensure the financial results of the acquired companies are properly stated, in addition to performing the routine closing entries of the parent company, and assisting in the preparation of the reporting of the Company’s consolidated financials.
- Prepare various journal entries and account reconciliations related to intangibles, debt, leases, investments, patents/trademarks, legal, expense allocation, etc. for the parent company and subsidiaries.
- Record quarter-end entries for the intercompany management, license, and interest fees between the parent company and subsidiary.
- Review all intercompany accounts monthly and record any necessary intercompany entries for reconciliation.
- Record all month-end intercompany elimination entries necessary for consolidation of financial statements (P&L and BS).
- Assist the Assistant Controller in the monthly analytical review of the subsidiaries’ P&L’s.
- Prepare monthly internal reporting packages.
- Prepare the consolidated financial statements for reporting on a monthly basis, including cash flow statements.
- Assist the fixed asset accountant and our finance group in CAPEX tracking/reporting, as needed.
- Prepare audit schedules and support auditors as needed.
- Assist the Assistant Controller in the preparation of purchase accounting entries and schedules, as needed.
- Prepare quarterly and annual government census requests.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
- 3 years’ experience and knowledge in revenue recognition.
- 3 years’ experience in preparation of consolidated financial statements, including cash flow statements.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains.
- Experience with TM1/Hyperion reporting.
- Accounting experience in a technology company.
- Knowledgeable in major accounting pronouncements (ASC 606 & ASC 842)
- Comprehensive understanding of all common areas of GAAP (revenue recognition, capital vs. expense classification, fixed assets intangibles & other long lived assets, debt & leases, financial reporting, etc.).
- Knowledge in accounting for intercompany transactions, both in reconciliation of accounts and elimination of gross IC transactions.
- Ability to communicate with other departments in order to record entries in a timely manner.
- Strong Excel skills (vlookup, sumif, pivot tables, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail while still being able to see the big picture.
- Proactive and results oriented with a focus on meeting department deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer