|Date Posted||January 13, 2020|
|Employment Type||Contract To Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply and get connected with a VIP recruiter today.
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Senior Accountant.
- Analyze monthly financial reports, investigating and explaining variances to budget and trends.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries as part of the month end close.
- Run monthly financial statements and review for accuracy which may require footing, checking formulas, and formatting.
- Assist with updates to Financial Report Writer as needed.
- Vendor Maintenance including, setting up new vendors in ERP system, vetting and ensuring proper documentation is provided, updating vendor records for changes, and reviewing Vendor Master Files quarterly for stale vendors.
- Assist with General Ledger and Chart of Accounts set-up, management, and review Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist with Annual and Interim Audits, Insurance Audits and Tax related requests.
- Maintain proper documentation for all accounting transactions and processes.
- Accounts Receivable invoicing and working with outside departments to verify monthly revenue.
- Assist with cash forecasting, treasury management, and weekly check runs.
- Prepare annual 1099 forms and Business Personal Property tax reports for review and maintain supporting records.
- Prepare monthly Sales and Use Tax Returns and record monthly accruals.
- Safeguard confidential information and support management objectives and goals.
- Perform other work-related duties and complete projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting strongly preferred with 3 - 5 years of experience. CPA or CPA eligible is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with emphasis on MS Excel. Advanced user skills required include filtering, pivot table, macros, and VLOOKUP’s.
- Experience with a mid-level ERP system including GL, A/P, A/R, Fixed Assets and reporting, Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plain preferred.
- Experience with Fixed Assets capitalization, BPP Tax preparation.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written to relay information to both financial and non-financial personnel.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze financial statement variances.
- High-level problem-solving skills needed to work through process issues and find solutions with minimal assistance.
- Heavy email flow to the Accounting email requires strong Outlook organizational skills and set-up of rules/reminders to handle date sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer