Controller/Accounting Supervisor/Project Sr. Accountant
|Date Posted||January 17, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Controller. The Controller is accountable for the accounting and financial operations of the company. This involves the overseeing the accounting department staff and their primary functions: accounts payable, accounts receivable, project accounting and related entity accounting operations. Other managerial duties include day-to-day treasury management, monthly financial reporting to executives as well as custom reporting and interpretation to design staff and related entities. The controller is also the company liaison for third party tax, insurance and human resource partnerships, government agencies, and other financial related entities and reports to the Director of Finance.
- Maintain an efficient department, with necessary check and balance controls, and ensure that staff is competent and growing in skill and knowledge.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the accounting and time-keeping system, chart of accounts, accounting records and ensuring transactions comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for the management of outsourced functions: payroll, 401K administration, employee benefit and some human resource administration, and corporate tax reporting.
- Ensure the issuing of timely and complete financial statements that comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Management of a timely and accurate month-end close of accounting books.
- Responsible for monthly financial reporting to include internal reporting with financial and operating metrics such as the executive cockpit charts, backlog and pipeline reporting, cost reporting and analysis, client/project revenue and profitability analysis, etc.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and as a member of the executive team assist in strategic planning and implementation of operational modifications based on that data.
- Recommend, maintain and calculate benchmarks against which to measure the performance of the company.
- Manage and produce the annual budget and ongoing forecasts, based on directives from the executive team.
- Deliver financial statements to necessary third parties: board of advisors, bank officers, insurance agencies and corporate CPA.
- Monitor treasury activities and maintain banking relationship.
- Manage debt vehicles: line of credit, capital and operational leases and notes payable, and ensure compliance with necessary covenants.
- Manage company’s risk profile and maintain appropriate insurance coverage. This involves annual review of all corporate liability policies, professional liability, workers compensation, and warehouse related policies (transit, warehouseman).
- Assess third-party insurance brokers and negotiate policy premium amounts.
- Oversee compliance with all local and state tax reporting entities in locations the company has a presence.
- Oversee the employee benefit plans and present for approval-negotiated options to executive team. This includes annual review with third party broker of each plan as well as monitoring third-party 401k administration.
- Oversee annual census requirements and monitoring of regulatory testing of 401K accounts.
- Assist the executive team in the development of an employee bonus plan, including the project management bonus plan.
- Act as a team member on all vendor partnership agreements and develop benchmarks to gauge performance of those agreements.
- Assist executive team on development of GSA controls to ensure compliance of accounting records with government requirements in that segment of business.
- 4-6 years of accounting experience and/or degree in finance.
- 5-7 Years in managerial accounting. Experience as a Controller is preferred.
- Experience in an architectural firm is preferred but not required.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer