|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Property Accountant. The main function of this position is to safeguard the company and its assets. In addition, this position will apply standardized accounting principles to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for management.
- Maintain balance sheet schedules and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Preparation and entry of monthly journal entries for close out purposes.
- Timely and accurate posting of all cash entries.
- Review profit and loss statements at month end to validate all items are coded correctly.
- Maintains and coordinates accounting control procedures.
- Responsible for communicating with the property managers to relay any necessary financial information.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis.
- Review of Operations month end close.
- Troubleshoot/Investigate any unexplained expenditures.
- Review and approve weekly/bi-weekly check runs.
- Ad Hoc reports as requested by Management and Owners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Equivalent Experience (1-3 Years) required.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills required.
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager & Single Family Homes Property Management preferred.
- Able to adapt to changing deadlines.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Great Analytical Skills.
- Works well in a team but also individually motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Highly organized and able to manage work flows to meet deadline.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer