|Date Posted||January 23, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Plano, TX client in a search for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant should have a strong knowledge of GAAP and the ability to operate effectively in rapidly scaling, dynamic environment. The Senior Accountant interacts effectively with cross functional teams, such as Finance, Real Estate, Construction, Treasury, AP and IT. This person seeks professional development and can quickly understand broad objectives, work independently to achieve those objectives, and take the initiative to identify and implement process, improvement.
- Coordinate with functional teams to gather lease accounting related information for new, amended, renewed and other modified leases in accordance with ASC 842.
- Responsible for analysis of new, amended, renewed and other modified leases in accordance with ASC 842.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring accurate and complete lease accounting data input into Leasing Software.
- Responsible for monthly lease accounting journal entries and reporting from Leasing System or manual schedules.
- Perform reconciliation of lease accounting data from Leasing System to SAP; ensuring completeness and accuracy in the lease accounting processes.
- Collaborate with different functional teams to actively contribute to a disciplined financial statement close.
- Assist with month-end, quarterly, and annual closing processes including various lease related footnotes to the financial statements.
- Provide timely and accurate accounting information to internal customers on ad hoc basis.
- Maintain process documentation and ensure SOX 404 compliance.
- Assist in implementations of new policies and procedures.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding costs and or budget variances; and
- Review financial data for accuracy and integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related area required. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ general ledger, month-end close and reconciliation experience in an ERP environment (SAP experience preferred).
- Must have analytical skills, be detail oriented and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of the ASC842 lease standard is preferred.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Excel and Word required.
- Detail oriented, deadline driven, organized individual able to handle multiple tasks while working independently or as part of a team across multiple departments.
- Excellent analytical and proven problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to meeting daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines regardless of the obstacles.
- Highly motivated and dedicated to contributing to the growth and success of the company.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer