|Date Posted||February 06, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Staff Accountant. Reporting to the Accounting Director, the Staff Accountant supports financial accounting activities. This role processes payments and calculates employee pay related expenditures and reimbursements by identified due dates. This position is critical to not only properly account for the operations of the company, but also to help manage profitability. This individual will spend their time focused on financial related activities to include, but is not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, bank reconciliation, payout reports, and revenue reports. Experience in QuickBooks and Sage is required.
- Support the Accounting Director in providing financial month-end close reporting.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable accounts, bank accounts, invoicing clients/advisors, ensuring prompt payment of invoices and developing and maintaining a comprehensive financial filing system for our firm.
- Maintain all contractual and financial agreements, while maintaining reminders on renewals for review and approval.
- Provide invoicing and billing as needed.
- Follow up with vendors/advisors and maintain accounts receivables at less than 60 days outstanding and escalate as needed.
- Work with technology support and other resources to maintain a database of all capitalized assets, contracts and warranties (Scan, file and log accounting documents).
- Ensure accuracy of all financial records.
- Prepare financial planning Invoices and send to advisor / assistant.
- Process incoming mail concerning billing and invoicing.
- Check, verify and process invoices.
- Sort, code and enter accounts payable data.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Process employee expense reports utilizing Concur.
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks.
- Prepare financial statements and reports, including the profit and loss statement and balance sheet.
- Coordinate with other financial staff to meet monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial close and reporting goals.
- BBA in Accounting.
- 3-5 years Payables, Billing, General Ledger accounting experience.
- Intermediate+ experience with QuickBooks and Sage.
- Intermediate+ expertise with spreadsheet creation / reporting.
- Experience working in/with Financial Services (broker/dealer; RIA; Wealth Management) is strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in growing business environments preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong time-management; able to prioritize tasks and manage expectations of others.
- Can organize projects as well as ongoing activities that require coordinating multiple people and personalities for them to provide what is needed, when needed.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer