CIO- Insurance Industry Experience
|Date Posted||February 10, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our North Dallas, TX client in a search for a Director/VP level Information Technology Developer to help scale the organization and manage transformational IT projects. This person must have extensive experience within the insurance industry. We are looking for a hands-on CIO with a strong strategic, technical, and operational orientation. The CIO will provide exceptional leadership for the company by establishing long-range IT goals, plans, and policies. The CIO will work to lead the Company's transformational IT systems project and work with C-suite leaders to develop scalable business processes to support the Company's rapid growth.
- Partner with the board and lead the execution of strategic IT initiatives.
- Partner with all department leads to improve business processes.
- Serve as the project lead for PHP's proprietary software development project and as the primary liaison between the Company and its IT consultants.
- Lead all software selections for the Company; executive must determine when to buy vs. build software and ensure business requirements are met without creating a reliance on 3rd party developers.
- Hold all third parties accountable for project plans and applications & tools used in software development processes.
- Foster a success-oriented environment in IT; motivate and work with all job levels while willing to be "hands-on" as necessary to lead by example.
- Work with the CEO and CFO to develop the metrics, systems, and processes required to accommodate the growth objectives of the Company.
- Serve as a business leader of all PHP administrative functions with the opportunity, if successful, to lead Operations.
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in IT leadership, life insurance industry experience is a major plus.
- Highly credible reputation and strong references from prior employers.
- Strong project management credentials & experience leading the successful development of a proprietary enterprise software application.
- Extensive experience with change control processes, including requirements gathering, development, testing & quality assurance, and product releases & training.
- Understanding of best practices in software integrations and data warehouse design.
- Ability to collaborate and serve as a thought partner to all department leads.
- Proven track-record of managing a team and developing talent within an organization.
- Ensures accountability holds self and others accountable to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Builds effective teams and encourages cross-functional collaboration.
- Solid executive presence; able to establish credibility and influence a broad range of constituents.
- Both intelligent and practical; possesses the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer