|Date Posted||February 27, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Staff Accountant for an opportunity at a private energy investment firm. The Staff Accountant will handle the day to day accounting for a specific set of oil and gas properties. This position will be responsible for all aspects of accounting for those properties including revenue, billing, owner relations, etc. This position will report to one of two Accounting Seniors as a part of the Accounting department.
- Gathering meter statements, purchaser statements etc. from purchasers and working closely with field personnel to resolve any issues/discrepancies.
- Account reconciliation and gathering cash receipts, reconciling with tickets/meter statements, and inputting into Excalibur.
- Coding and inputting AP & Non-op invoices.
- Filing monthly reports with governmental agencies (tax, production, etc.).
- Assisting with setup of newly acquired assets.
- Assisting with monthly variance reports & accrual entries.
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar position. Oil and gas experience is preferred but not required.
- Accounting degree is preferred for this position, but a Finance degree would also be considered. CPA candidate is preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Excalibur (EOL) experience a plus.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer