|Date Posted||March 04, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply and get connected with a VIP recruiter today.
We are assisting our Grapevine, TX client in a search for a Controller. The Controller will handle all accounting functions and will interface with all departments. This person will handle the monthly close, financial statement generation, assist portfolio companies with transition to Microsoft Business Central, and be responsible for day to day accounting functions. In addition, this person will be an integral part of the management team that will assess potential investments as well as work on those that are acquired.
The ideal candidate will be a teamwork oriented, hard-working, self-starter who is willing to do anything from journal entries to financial due diligence.
- Great medical, dental and vision package.
- Competitive Salary.
- Flexible work hours (minimum 40-50 hours weekly).
- Flexible PTO.
- Weekly team bonding & check-in.
- Dog friendly office.
- Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans and monitor the financial performance of the company.
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages and prepare monthly operating budgets.
- Prepare journal entries, bank reconciliations and all other aspects needed to close the books monthly utilizing Microsoft Business Central.
- Payroll responsibilities.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and tax and regulatory requirements and filings.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- Establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- 5-7 years of experience demonstrating a growing responsibility in accounting and finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, with a preference for a designation of Certified Public Accountant.
- Proficiency in or willingness to become proficient in Microsoft Business Central, Microsoft NAV or Microsoft Dynamics Finance & Operations, with aptitude to learn new software and systems, as well as proficiency in or willingness to become proficient in ERP & financial software.
- Prior service in the U.S. military is a plus.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer