Senior Corporate Accountant
|Date Posted||March 05, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Senior Corporate Accountant to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment who will drive and deliver excellence in the company’s accounting group. We are looking for a team player with the desire to be an active, long-term contributor in the growth of the accounting teams and organization overall.
- Prepare schedules, monthly closing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Review expenses to determine proper classification, timing and recognition.
- Analyze department spends as compared to prior quarter/year and provide flux explanation.
- Explain balance sheet variances versus prior quarter/year.
- Prepare financial reporting used to explain changes in financial information for upper management.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and analyses, as requested.
- Oracle maintenance including opening periods, lifting restrictions, running revaluation & translation.
- Drive process improvement and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for global accounting activities and continuous improvement process including automation and acceleration.
- Provide support as needed to external auditors.
- Responsible for reading, understanding, and following the applicable process narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- All duties performed are in compliance with GAAP, Company policies and procedures, SEC reporting requirements, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA required.
- 4-7 years of accounting experience.
- Ability to demonstrate strong Microsoft Excel usage, including pivot tables and vlookups for large volume of data.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, international accounting teams and external auditors.
- Experience with Oracle or other large ERP system.
- Ability to work in a fast, dynamic environment, and prioritize competing priorities.