|Date Posted||March 18, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Property Controller. This is a hands-on role that is the primary point of contact for all accounting and financial related matters on the entire portfolio currently comprised of ~45 multi-family properties and several corporate entities. This person is also responsible for overseeing and developing accounting staff and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Paid every two weeks.
- Cell phone reimbursement every pay period.
- On-site gym.
- 12 Paid Company Holidays.
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually.
- Competitive Paid Time Off Accrual.
- Comprehensive health care insurance and employer HSA contributions.
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching contributions.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of monthly property and portfolio-level financial statements and other outside investor reporting requirements.
- Support all debt and equity monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Continuous monitoring of operating cash levels at each property to ensure adequate working capital.
- Lead the support for the annual audit comprising ~30 separate audit report packages for individual properties and portfolios.
- Continually evaluate accounting and cross departmental processes and procedures for improved efficiency/accuracy/data integrity/ risk mitigation opportunities through automation, increased leveraging of technology, eliminating non/low value-added work, outsourcing, improving controls, furthering Yardi understanding, etc.
- Establish sales tax accounts for new entities.
- Produce the AHF Guarantor financial package (Balance Sheet and schedules, Income Statement, Real Estate Owned, Contingent Liability) on a quarterly and adhoc basis.
- Provide accounting support for acquisitions (new entity set-up, bank accounts, purchase accounting entries, etc.) and divestitures (prorations, disposition accounting entries, etc.).
- Implement the internal GAAP consolidation of all the various entities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance degree required, CPA preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience leading a finance & accounting team.
- 5+ years in full financial statement preparation is required.
- 3+ years multi-family property management real estate experience is a MUST with a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- 3+ years proven proficiency in Yardi property management software.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.