|Date Posted||April 23, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Farmers Branch, TX client in a search for an experienced Controller. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will have cross-functional interactions across the organization. The Controller should be a results-driven leader and action oriented. This position is directly responsible for all accounting functions and will manage the period and quarterly accounting close process and ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting department, including general ledger, revenue assurance, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets and sales and property tax.
- Direct the timely preparation of GAAP based monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements for multiple legal entities with accompanying intercompany reconciliations and journal entries.
- Present financials to executive leadership and work with multiple department heads to support key business initiatives.
- Create and maintain a documented system of accounting policies & procedures, journal entries and reconciliations.
- Manage external audits (financial and tax) and coordinate the provision of information of audit requests.
- Monitor debt levels, compliance with debt covenants and prepare lender-required financial reporting and compliance packages.
- Perform quarterly balance sheet reviews and ensure reconciliations are performed each period.
- Active participation in acquisition opportunities and subsequent integration activities and purchase accounting.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly cash flow reporting and forecasts.
- Ensure financial systems are optimized to enable efficient and timely reporting and analysis.
- Review income tax, state tax, property tax, payroll tax and sales/franchise tax returns for timely filing and compliance.
- Establish and monitor accounting policies and procedures to ensure a strong internal control environment.
- Implement new accounting standards (revenue recognition standard ASC606, lease accounting).
- 10+ years of finance, accounting and tax experience, preferably in multi-location quick service restaurant (QSR) industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, what if analysis, financial modeling, etc.).
- Experience managing external audits and the procedures supporting issuing audited financial statements.
- Track record of process improvements.
- Uncompromised ethical standards and integrity.
- Sage X3 experience a plus.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.