Accounting Analyst - Management Company
|Date Posted||May 04, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for an Accounting Analyst. The position is part of a growing team primarily responsible for the accounting and reporting functions for the company. The position will report directly to the Management Company Associate and will have extensive interactions with other departments.
- Assist with accounting responsibilities within the monthly, quarterly, annual closing cycles.
- Assist in preparation of consolidated monthly financial reporting package including financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review and analyze the allocation of expenses across all management companies and funds.
- Assist with quarterly distribution process; prepare wire transfers as necessary.
- Post daily cash transactions and reconcile accounts.
- Prepare monthly accrual and close journal entries.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, perform all depreciation calculations.
- Assist in new management company set up.
- Help develop and maintain efficient internal controls and business processes.
- Interface as necessary with external auditors and service providers.
- Manage and perform special projects and analysis for leadership.
- Qualified candidates should possess an Accounting degree and have 2-4 years of relevant experience. Professional certifications are a plus (CPA or equivalent).
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with alternative investments and management company accounting preferred.
- Candidate should be well versed in Excel and have G/L and reporting experience.
- Candidate must possess strong technical, organizational, communication (both oral and written) and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding and application of accounting rules and industry accounting practices.
- Candidate must possess project management skills in order prioritize and focus when various work streams are occurring concurrently.
- Must have demonstrated experience and ability to develop processes and improvements to make Accounts Payable processes more efficient/scalable.
- Strong knowledge of working with multiple currencies and multiple legal entities globally.
- Experience in Financial Services, Management Company Accounting, and / or Workday Financials is a plus.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.