Property Accounting Manager
|Date Posted||June 02, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Property Accounting Manager to lead and manage a team of accounting associates as well as review and analyze the preparation of financial results for a portfolio of approximately 80,000 single-family rental properties. Other responsibilities include maintaining the integrity of the general ledger, working with other departments to understand their business units and impact on the financials, and collaborating with other teams within the Accounting Department to ensure timely delivery of financial statements. The ideal candidate will have strong accounting knowledge and experience, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be able to manage multiple tasks, and have a desire to grow and develop the team.
- Excellent work-life balance
- Competitive benefits
- Manage, motivate, and develop a team of accounting professionals by providing proper coaching, training, and mentorship through the hiring of top talent.
- Ensure month-end close deadlines are met while ensuring accurate and timely preparation, review, and analysis of financial statements.
- Guide and review work completed by accounting associates for accuracy and completeness in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding a variety of financial reports and the impact of the single-family rental business on results of operations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with field office team members.
- Assist with external and internal audit requests (SOX Compliance, Internal Controls, annual financial statement audits, etc.).
- Participate in Company-provided training.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is required.
- 5 years of experience in accounting and financial statement preparation is required. Property Accounting experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience is required.
- Intermediate Excel expertise required; Yardi experience a plus.
- Experience working with high volumes of data.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to lead and develop a team.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities including the ability to identify and implement best practices that improve the team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to follow and apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.