|Date Posted||June 03, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Chief Financial Officer. Under the general direction of the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both operational and strategic support to the organization. The CFO supervises the finance, outsourced IT and mortgage origination and servicing, and is the key spokesperson on financial matters for the company. The CFO assists the Senior Management Team on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs, and securing new funding. This job description is only a summary and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required by the employee. This document is subject to change at any time.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute the strategic plan.
- Support the Senior Management team in Financial operations and Board interface initiatives.
- Prepare and maintain regular internal and Board financial reports and presentations including weekly, monthly and quarterly performance.
- Develop Finance presentations, attend all Board meetings, and manage financial reporting initiatives between staff and its Board of Directors.
- Manage the Board Audit and Finance Committee, host all committee meetings and prepare required reports in conjunction with these meetings.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Develop and maintain the company’s annual operating budget and updated forecasts.
- Manage the Finance Department with all financial activities, financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, revenue cycle management, purchasing, accounts payable and receivable management.
- Work with the Senior Management Team on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships with Board of Directors and City, State, and Federal funding agencies.
- Manage financial goals and metrics for the organization and assist in the development and negotiation of contracts as required.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, overhead and organizational performance.
- Oversee all aspects of cash management and cash controls.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Apply technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with and efficient application of U.S. GAAP.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including organization revenue/expense, cash and balance sheet reporting, reports to funding agencies, preparation of all corporate tax returns and 990s.
- Effectively develop and maintain staff accountability for meeting metrics and building capacity to take on new challenges.
- Coordinate with the Senior Management Team on the preparation of an operating budget and ensuring cost analysis support and reporting tools.
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives and develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Manage all aspects of the Mortgage Bank.
- Manage all aspects of the outsourced IT department in support of organizational needs.
- Oversee the Business Insurance Plans.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant degree. Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 5-7 years of corporate or nonprofit management experience required. Mortgage experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Residential Construction experience required.
- Proficiency in analyzing cash flow, cost control and expenses to guide the senior management team.
- Proven track record of effective team management and results-driven leadership of an accounting/finance team.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and appropriate Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) sections.
- Exceptional organizational, collaboration and leadership skills, including the ability to handle both internal and external conflicts.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.