Sr Staff Accountant
|Date Posted||June 04, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Corsicana, TX client in a search for a Senior Staff Accountant. The role of the Senior Staff Accountant is a key role within the accounting group. The position supports various aspects of finance and accounting for the company.
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Responsibility and ownership of general accounts and reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation of state sales tax returns and payments.
- Manage Customer Resale Certificates and reference guide for company.
- Provide excellent customer service to the direct customer to aid in receiving the correct documentation.
- Reconciles bank account.
- Account reconciliations.
- Create and manage monthly accruals.
- Assist Cost Accounting with daily and monthly reporting.
- Calculate and manage commissions and commission emails.
- Manage and file yearly licenses and annual reports.
- Adding, editing, and managing vendors in AP system.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in accounting preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in general accounting.
- 1 years’ experience in account reconciliation.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal. Ability to communicate with support personnel and with management.
- Attention to detail and ability to plan and organize; good time management skills.
- Ability to retain information (e.g., policies, procedures) or find it as needed.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is critical.
- Customer service oriented.
- Cooperative, team oriented, patient, calm under pressure, and able to work independently.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.