|Date Posted||June 05, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Farmers Branch, TX client in a search for a Controller. Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will be responsible for driving the company’s overall financial strategy as well as managing all aspects of financial operations.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Oversee accounting via accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements with the CFO.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, budgets and actual expenditures including weekly AP check review.
- Coordinate year-end audit activity including preparation of working papers, intercompany reconciliations, discussions with auditors, and other journal entries as necessary.
- Consistently analyze financial data in a timely manner to keep the CFO abreast of any changes in financial status, projects, operations, etc. including Bank Reconciliations.
- Assist the CFO in the periodic budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the CFO; continuously collaborate with department heads to assess the financial efficacy of operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support operations.
- Work with external auditors.
- Supervise NR, A/P, P/R personnel and transactions.
- Oversee accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing), and database management.
- Randomly audits workflow to assure that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized.
- Substantiate and justify expenditures and expense reports.
- Supervise or prepares monthly journal entries.
- Supervise or prepares general ledger reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Assure internal control compliance.
- Train staff on internal control procedures; assists CFO as needed.
- Review monthly closing process.
- Assist with yearly audit preparation.
- Oversee the reporting and integrity of accounting for invested assets in bonds, mortgage loans, equities, limited partnerships and derivatives.
- Bachelor's Degree required in accounting or finance required. Advanced Degree preferred.
- CPA with strong understanding of financial service industry and products.
- Wide knowledge base of different software systems, and strong computer usage experience.
- 10+ years' experience as a senior financial officer in real estate and financial services industries, specializing in mortgage banking and securitization with knowledge of mortgage loan servicing and distressed assets servicing.
- 10+ years’ employee management experience.
- Experience in business integration and automation of reporting processes.
- Knowledge of GAAP, IRC, FASB, and accrual base accounting, organizational auditing, fixed asset accounting, and tax filing requirements.
- Proven ability to build, manage and measure requisite controls to meet today's regulatory and compliance servicing requirements, specifically audits.
- Expertise with balance sheet, cash flows, servicing advances and MSR valuations.
- Superior communication skills, highly organized, and follow-through skills required.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills as exhibited by suggested changes in short- and long-term financial and strategic planning.
- Strong managerial skills demonstrating leadership ability to effectively direct and lead staff member.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.