Director of Operations
|Date Posted||June 16, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Addison, TX client in a search for a Director of Operations with a strong strategic, technical, and operational orientation. The Director of Operations will provide exceptional leadership for the company by establishing long-range operational goals, plans, and policies. The Director of Operations will work to lead the Company’s operational department and work with C-suite leaders to develop scalable business processes to support the Company’s rapid growth.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Partner with all department leads to define and implement operations strategy, structure, and processes.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Monitor performance and proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all phases of operations.
- Coordinate support to operations throughout the business.
- Work with HR to interview, hire, train, and mentor the operations management team.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to HR, C-level Officers, and other leadership.
- Work with HR to handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Foster a success-oriented environment in Operations; motivate and work with all job levels while willing to be “hands-on” as necessary to lead by example.
- Work with the CEO, CFO, and CIO to develop the metrics, systems, and processes required to accommodate the growth objectives of the Company.
- Serve as a business leader of all administrative functions with the opportunity, if successful, to lead Operations.
- Experience (3+ years) in operational leadership, life insurance industry experience is a major plus.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or a related field.
- Highly credible reputation and strong references from prior employers.
- Ability to set overall strategy and drive process improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to collaborate and serve as a thought partner to all department leads.
- Proven track-record of managing a team and developing talent within an organization.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.