We are assisting our Frisco, TX client in a search for a Senior Staff Accountant. The Senior Staff Accountant is a member of the Corporate Finance team and is responsible for maintaining and controlling General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, to provide an accurate picture of the Company’s financial position and performance. The primary objective of this position is to support inventory accounting including acquisition, valuation, system and physical counts and internal controls. The Senior Staff Accountant works under the general supervision of, and reports to, the Corporate Controller. He/she is accountable for following the Company’s internal control policies and will apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that include analytical work and thorough review of financial records. The position relies on one’s experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals and operates with a degree of latitude and creativity.
- Track, maintain and reconcile corporate inventory levels.
- Maintain inventory standard costs for all entities.
- Prepare and maintain the reserve for inventory obsolescence.
- Prepare the monthly accounting entries to record Cost of Goods Sold.
- Record and maintain the company’s prepaid assets.
- Prepare the first draft of monthly financial reports.
- Record and maintain the company’s fixed assets, including depreciation and amortization.
- Prepare other journal entries, verify and post account transactions, and complete general ledger operations; Reconcile and maintain various balance sheet accounts.
- Reports to Management with a variety of financial information; addresses accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Analytically reviews selected areas of the balance sheet and income statement each month for explanations of variances.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closings, and management reporting processes.
- Supports Corporate Controller and CFO with the implementation and ongoing development of internal financial controls and procedures.
- Assists with the preparation and coordination of the Company’s audit process.
- Maintains historical records via digital filing system.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in business accounting including reconciliations, financial reporting, and controls.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of GAAP, audit practices, economic principles, and financial regulations.
- Certified Public Accountant / CPA certification preferred.
- Experience with a Standard Cost inventory environment and process.
- Experience with Fixed Asset recording, tracking and financial maintenance.
- Effective judgment to be applied throughout the accounting and financial reporting process.
- Analytical skills, displaying an ability to gather, relate and compare data, and ensure data is reliable, accurate and complete;
- Strong business acumen and an aptitude for math;
- Proficiency of Great Plains accounting software and data entry.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.