Sr. Accountant - International
|Date Posted||June 22, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Frisco, TX client in a search for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Staff Accountant is a member of the Corporate Finance team and is responsible for maintaining and controlling General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, to provide an accurate picture of the Company’s financial position and performance. The primary objective of this position is to support international operations within the Finance group.
- Compile and analyze financial data from all international entities and load into the corporate accounting system (Great Plains).
- Prepare journal entries, verify and post account transactions, and complete general ledger operations; Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts with international organizations.
- Prepare the bi-weekly and monthly accounting entries to record sales and use tax, payroll and related expenses, and other accruals in the general ledger.
- Reports to Management with a variety of financial information; addresses accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Analytically reviews selected areas of the balance sheet and income statement each month for explanations of variances.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closings, and management reporting processes.
- Supports Corporate Controller and CFO with the implementation and ongoing development of internal financial controls and procedures.
- Assists with the preparation and coordination of the Company’s audit process.
- Maintains historical records via digital filing system.
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Analyzes information and options for special projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in business accounting including international operations, financial reporting, and controls.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of GAAP, audit practices, economic principles, and financial regulations.
- Certified Public Accountant / CPA certification preferred.
- Experience with international accounting, including revaluation, consolidation and intercompany eliminations.
- Effective judgment to be applied throughout the accounting and financial reporting process
- Analytical skills, displaying an ability to gather, relate and compare data, and ensure data is reliable, accurate and complete.
- Detail orientation to ensure related tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Highly organized, capable of maintaining a systematic process for handling and recording all financial data, files and analysis.
- Essential characteristic of integrity, act according to the highest ethical standards pertaining to accounting controls and policies, able to maintain strict confidence as needed.
- Strong business acumen and an aptitude for math.
- Proficiency of Great Plains accounting software and data entry.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.