Senior Accountant (CPA Required)
|Date Posted||July 01, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will record, evaluate, coordinate, and report on accounting tasks which facilitate the accounting department’s performance supporting field and related operations. This entails ensuring that assigned duties and any staff are providing accurate and timely preparation of the company’s internal financial statements. This position can require a high degree of interfacing with sub-leger systems/departments such as accounts receivables, accounts payables and payroll systems. In addition, this position will monitor internal controls for key processes, and identify opportunities to increase efficiencies and improve processes. Additionally, the position will assist with the develop policies and procedures for review, as well as, work with integration of new ERM and accounting systems.
- Provide on time and accurate close entries for region.
- Provide account reconciliations as assigned to team.
- Develop accounting procedures at the task level.
- Monthly Profit & Loss statements ownership and explanations.
- Coordinate with related AP specialist on coding issues and accruals.
- Coordinate with related Payroll Managers / Leads on follow up issues, classification and process changes.
- Provide analysis and explanations on variances in trends and budgeted requirements to identify opportunities for improved performance or to identify risks which may impact future performance.
- Reviews and prepares financial statements and accounting reports for departmental management and federal agencies.
- Conducts cost studies and installs cost allocation plans.
- Key resource for involvement in process and systems changes as they effect the various field and business operations – at the site level.
- Supervision of any staff accountants assigned. Assigns staff, scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees as needed.
- Evaluates and verifies completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Work with Financial Planning & Analysis team on Budget and variance explanations.
- Implement and conduct training for field and support operations as required.
- Handle special accounting projects, taking full responsibility for the administration and integrity of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA required.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.