Director, Corporate Development
|Date Posted||July 02, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Irving, TX client in a search for a Director of Corporate Development. The focus of this role is identification, development, and execution of opportunities to grow the company and support the ongoing business activities of the company. This includes acquisitions, transmission development, investments, joint development agreements, and other similar opportunities. It also includes supporting commercial and development activities that are part of the company’s utility operations.
- Build relationships with electric cooperative utilities, municipal utilities, generation developers, and joint action agencies with the objective of identifying business opportunities for the company.
- Build relationships with the RTO and other relevant regulators.
- Identify, develop, and execute commercial transactions including asset acquisitions, transmission investments, joint development agreements, and other opportunities.
- Build transaction pipeline through industry-wide networking and analysis of prospective companies for strategic fit and value; develop relationships with potential counterparties.
- Project manage preliminary due diligence process and lead negotiation of preliminary transaction documents like letters of intent, exclusivity agreements, and term sheets; manage a cross-functional deal team in achieving these objectives.
- Project manage cross-functional deal teams in evaluating and executing transactions including financial analysis, risk analysis, and identification of key issues (including, for example, state and federal regulatory matters).
- In collaboration with the applicable business managers, manage financial analysis including valuation and modeling; advise on approach to transaction structuring.
- Lead drafting and finalization of formal investment memos to the Board of Directors and Investors; support senior leadership team’s efforts to gain Board of Director and Investor approval for transactions.
- Manage closing process and post-closing activities.
- Support negotiation of other commercial arrangements.
- MBA or equivalent business and analytical background preferred.
- Experience working with the SPP RTO including within the SPP stakeholder process preferred.
- Experience with transmission ownership and/or transmission development preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of experience including electric utility project development, business leadership, utility operations, management consulting, and/or investment banking with progressively more responsibility.
- Experience with RTO regulatory and policymaking processes.
- Experience with the electric utility business including business strategies.
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, and communications abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and flexibility in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate areas of executive management concern, integrate varied perspectives, and respond accordingly.
- Ability to clearly identify interests of multiple stakeholders with different perspectives.
- Ability to understand and communicate financial valuation including investment thesis risks.
- Experience supporting commercial transactions and negotiations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and build effective relationships at the highest level of organization and external parties.
- Demonstrated experience in building external relationships and leading commercial deals from identification to close.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.