Associate General Counsel
|Date Posted||July 13, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for an Associate General Counsel position. The Associate General Counsel supports the General Counsel in overseeing the legal affairs of the Company and is responsible for providing legal support for a variety of corporate transactions, including strategic business initiatives and corporate contracts. The ability to get up to speed quickly and to manage multiple and varied responsibilities is essential.
- Draft, review and negotiate various corporate, vendor and licensing agreements.
- Work cross-functionally with other business teams to ensure that contractual terms are compliant with relevant laws, regulations and the Company’s policies and risk preferences.
- Provide legal advice and support to senior executives and internal stakeholders, including preparing board and committee materials, as required.
- Develop, manage and maintain standard contract templates and the contract management process.
- Instruct and supervise external counsel.
- Provide legal advice for special projects, including joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and post-closing acquisition matters.
- License to practice law in the state of Texas
- 1-5 years of experience as an associate in the corporate or investment funds group or in an in-house legal department at a financial services company.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts for complex commercial transactions.
- Experience in the financial services industry is preferred.
- Strong research, analytical and practical problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as in a team-oriented setting.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.