|Date Posted||July 16, 2020|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Frisco, TX client in a search for a Cost Accountant to join the Accounting and Finance department. This position will be responsible for administering and coordinating accounting activities for detailed sourced product standard cost data. This position will work with vast amounts of data and compile it into a usable format that the business relies on. Product Managers will work closely with you to set cost standards on purchased products. This position gives you the opportunity to ensure cost compliance is adhered to. The Cost Accountant will utilize their analytical skills to identify variances in costs and set standards.
- Coordinates, compiles, analyzes, calculates cost data, to maintain the standard cost of the purchased product.
- Conducts regular, testing to verify the accuracy of system standards for internal and external customers.
- Monitors purchase price variances to standards during month-end close, to ensure the accuracy of financial statements by item, component, and purchase.
- Reconciles and researches variance issues, determines causes and coordinates/drives corrections.
- Provides management with reports on monthly purchase activity including purchase price variance.
- Participate in data cleansing from a costing and accounting perspective as needed.
- Inventory Control - Stock Status Review, Coordinating annual physical inventory accounts, Inventory Adjustments.
- Accuracy of monthly Sales, Inventory and COGS. Accuracy of New Product Cost Estimates
- Operations Support - Overhead Account Analysis, Production Order Cost Analysis, Project Cost Analysis.
- General Accounting Support - Month-end Close, Journal Entry preparation, ERP Support, Year-end Audit Support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; or equivalent Cost Accounting experience.
- Strong understanding for product costing, systems, and manufacturing processes.
- SAP S4 HANA system experience highly preferred (or other SAP platforms).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel.
- Manufacturing industry experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, to interact with all levels of management, and explain cost variances.
- Ability to manage large volume of transactions.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.