|Date Posted||July 21, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Garland, TX client in a search for an Accounting Manager. This position is responsible for oversight of timely and accurate inputs to the Company financial statements. This is primarily accomplished by setting written controls and procedures. The Accounting Manager also provides oversight of the Accounts Payable Department, as many inputs to financials occur via this function.
- Review, assess, document and design internal controls needed to ensure accurate GAAP based financial statements.
- Organize the team, and schedule the priority of journal entries to perform a 10-day month-end close.
- Continually evaluate month-end journal entries to automate and template them.
- Review and approve journal entries prepared by the team, journal entries need to reflect the purpose, information source, and post-JE balance results to ensure their accuracy.
- Review and assist in reconciliation of monthly bank statements for all bank accounts.
- Review and approve sub-ledger reconciliations done monthly.
- Review monthly sales tax, royalty, and commission computations and payments.
- Prepare annual evaluations and cross train team members and prioritize job functions to maximize efficiencies and maintain segregation of duties.
- Work with external auditors to provide items requested on provided by client list (pbc), review financial statement footnote disclosures and assist with preparing annual audited financial statements.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements.
- Review foreign entities investment journal entries using foreign financial statements as well as review conversions of foreign financial data into US currency equivalent.
- Review and approve electronic and check payments to vendors.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the ERP, and operational impacts on the financial statements.
- Assist in the continued learning of ERP modules.
- Active CPA license required.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting with 7 years minimum accounting experience.
- Ability to define and establish a financial control environment.
- Experience working with consolidating general ledgers.
- Ability to partner with cross functioning teams to solve complex problems.
- Strong organizational abilities. Firm understanding of work prioritization techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Prior experience with Apprise ERP Software preferred, but not required.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.