Business Analyst (Billings)
|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Ft. Worth, TX client in a search for a Business Analyst. The Business Analyst is a functional / technical analyst that works with businesses to break down business processes into specific steps. This helps the company understand and improve business processes. The process analyst will work on projects and day to day operations to improve quality, reduce errors and design new business processes. They work with management, operations and data management team, and finance business partners to gather and analyze information and make recommendations.
- Maintain excellent communication regarding project status and priorities with project sponsors, driving planning and tracking of tasks, schedule, resources, dependencies and success criteria.
- Clearly capture, document, and validate business requirements for key business initiatives.
- Collaborate with business partners at various levels to research and validate functional requirements.
- Engage and communicate with stakeholders and development to clarify cross-functional and crossdomain requirements and overcome cross-team obstacles to meet the overall organizational goals.
- Perform backlog maintenance through proper story prioritization.
- Review, comment, follow-up and target reported defects and enhancement requests.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a business, accounting/finance, technology or equivalent preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of experience working with global finance and accounting organizations, familiarity with accounting practices.
- Minimum of 2-5 years as a Process Business Analyst.
- Experience writing business requirements, functional specifications, detailed design documents, and test plans, flow charting, and process diagramming.
- Strong excel skills and certification.
- Experience writing basic select statements in SQL
- Detailed understanding of best business practices related to Finance and Accounting process required (Order-to-cash, Procure-to-Pay, Travel & Expenses, Accounting close, Fixed Assets, etc.)
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.