Sr. Tax I or II
|Date Posted||August 06, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Supervising Tax Senior. This position will perform diversified tax assignments working more independently under the direction of manager or partner and lead engagements including organizing and coordinating clients’ tax data for the accurate, timely completion of individual tax returns and simple-to moderately-complex corporate, partnership, S-corp, and trust tax returns.
- Demonstrate advanced competencies in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional standards and firm policies.
- Coordinate various phases of engagements, plan engagements, set budgets for time and expenses, monitor actual performance against budget, do first review of various tax returns prepared by staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Proactively address tax issues and conduct appropriate research regarding any tax issues in order to resolve them.
- Assign work to staff members, offer guidance and direction; give constructive criticism of work performed.
- Review tax information submitted by client for completeness.
- Prepare personal tax returns of various complexities.
- Prepare corporate, trust, partnership, and S-corp income tax returns and state income tax returns not requiring advanced expertise.
- Prepare amended returns of any variety and complexity.
- Prepare personal tax projections through utilization of computer software.
- Respond to tax notices of any sort and complete initial drafts of any letters required.
- Perform tax research projects requiring minimal expertise.
- Complete S-election and requests for accounting changes, as required.
- Make adjusting and/or federal entries and complete trial balances in order to prepare a tax return.
- Maintain a good understanding of depreciation and depreciation computer software package in order to set up clients and read and understand depreciation reports.
- Prepare tax accruals as may be required in preparing corporate tax returns.
- Participate in firm’s practice development efforts including expanding services to clients.
- Attend various business development/marketing activities.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree with an emphasis in accounting.
- CPA in good standing with state board and AICPA.
- 4-6 years of tax experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of engagements managed. (or comparable industry experience).
- Ability to establish workload priorities and perform assigned tasks on engagements or projects in a timely manner and within budget.
- Ability to analyze complex accounting issues.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.