|Date Posted||August 12, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Irving, TX client in a search for an Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager works closely with the Controller and is a key contributor to the accounting operations. Strong knowledge of GAAP is required along with solid communication, technology, organizational and analytical abilities. Responsibilities involve month end close, preparing financial statements and reports, reconciliations, and establishing and maintaining internal controls. Previous supervisory experience required. CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Compile and analyze financial information used in the preparation of financial statements, ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare and/or review appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations. Understand the financial reporting and general ledger structure of the company.
- Reconcile sub-ledger to general ledger account balances; research accounting issues as needed.
- Responsible for banking transactions, including application of online banking for vendor disbursements.
- Ensure compliance with AR policies and cash application for outside customers.
- Supervise, direct and review the work of the accounting staff, including, but not limited to check runs, accounts receivable transactions, accounts payable transactions, cash management, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year; monitor and advise on progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Assess, establish and maintain internal controls and document procedures; monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities and ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly financial information.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses.
- Assist with sales and use tax compliance.
- Validate and balance monthly, multiple accounting-related systems.
- Ensure timely and accurate commission and royalty reporting.
- Work with Controller and assist in special projects as necessary, including annual external audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred.
- 4-6 years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Experience with ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred.
- Microsoft Office with strong knowledge of Excel; excellent systems skills and the willingness to learn new systems.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and comprehensive understanding of general accounting, general ledger and accounts payables.
- Design operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Possess strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Solid problem resolution and decision-making skills needed.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, i.e., pivot tables, v-lookups.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.