|Date Posted||August 12, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Mansfield, TX client in a search for a Tax Accountant. This position is responsible for the preparation and timely filing of local, state and federal returns to include sales, employment, business personal property and income taxes for approximately 40 operating and real estate entities. The position also works with the Corporate Controller to maintain all tax tables and employment tax rates on the general ledger system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Preparation of quarterly and annual Federal related tax compliance.
- Review the work of others and contribute to the development and growth of the Accounting staff.
- Preparation calculations of research and development credit, including documentation requirements in accordance with the Internal Revenue Code.
- Manage tax software and implement new features and updates, assist with the quarterly and annual provision process.
- Respond to related tax correspondence and research issues as they arise
- IRS and state audits as they arise, prepare quarterly and annual Fin 48 compliance.
- Federal and state income tax payments & returns
- Personal property tax return
- Annual W-2s and 1099s
- Review other various tax filings: Annual reports, Intangible Tax, Sales and Use Tax
- Research projects
- Federal and state audits
- Maintain company tax preparation system
- Provide an information source in the tax area within the company
- Financial planning and analysis
- Other tax projects as assigned
Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting required.
- 1-2 years related experience.
- CPA candidate a plus.
- Pass-through tax return entity experience (1065 and 1120-S) and employment tax filing experience (940, 941 and state unemployment).
- Experience with major mid-level tax software packages (ATX, Lacerte and ProSystem).
- Some experience in basic tax research and compliance preferred.
- Basic understanding of GAAP financial statements.
- QuickBooks and MAS 90 (Enterprise) preferred.
- Microsoft Excel experience required.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.