|Date Posted||August 17, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Grapevine, TX client in a search for a Senior Accountant. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the selected candidate will be responsible for contributing to the business finance function and maintaining complete General Ledger responsibilities for the business. A successful candidate will be an energetic, organized, team player with a proven track record and ability to adapt quickly in a changing environment, multitask effectively, and work independently.
- Prepare and review journal entries and compile auditable documentation.
- Conduct complex general ledger account reconciliations per organizational policy.
- Maintain accounting and desktop procedures for responsible areas to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Streamline existing processes to improve efficiencies and heighten controls in financial close and reporting.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Provide support in enterprise-wide initiatives and assist in other special projects, including system upgrades, and training and mentoring junior accountants.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the accounting group by participating in cross training and serving as position backup for other team members.
- Prepare internal reports for Management to help track and evaluate business performance.
- Perform ad hoc projects as requested by the Finance Director and VP of Finance.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance required. Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus.
- CPA or other professional certification a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience, some public accounting.
- Strong written and oral communication and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of staff inside and outside the department and organization.
- Ability to prioritize projects, analyze and streamline processes, and leverage available tools and technologies to effectively and efficiently complete tasks.
- High attention to detail.
- Proficient with a major ERP system, MS Office including advanced Excel skills, and willingness to learn other software as needed.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.