|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Euless, TX client in a search for a Senior Accountant. This position reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager and responsibilities include monthly journal entries, reconciliations of bank and other accounts, capital projects and creation of fixed assets. Other responsibilities include maintenance of fixed asset subledger, updating monthly financial statements, preparation of quarterly and annual audit schedules, collecting support for intercompany activity between Corporate and the Regions, and other duties as assigned.
- Prepare monthly recurring and other journal entries for Corporate office and Regions.
- Prepare Corporate cash entries and monthly Corporate bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly Corporate balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset subledger.
- Prepare monthly PP&E rollforward for each Region and Consolidated.
- Maintain and coordinate all Corporate capital projects.
- Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliation.
- Collect Monthly Accounting Reports from Regions.
- Prepare quarterly and annual audit schedules as assigned.
- Interface with auditors during quarterly review and year-end audit.
- Maintain compliance with corporate SOX controls.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Previous relevant accounting experience preferred, but not required.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Proficient with Oracle and Essbase or other large ERP package such as SAP.
- Skilled with Excel including pivot-tables, v-lookups, etc.
- Ability to work effectively with external auditors.
- Current knowledge of US GAAP accounting
- Ability to communicate with regional controllers, which includes providing monthly reporting, researching as needed and answering questions clearly.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.