|Date Posted||August 25, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Addison, TX client in a search for a Construction Accountant. This position is responsible for all aspects of Accounting and Reporting as it relates to development and construction projects. Responsible for job cost tracking, balance sheet reconciliations, research, and communication with project managers, project directors, developers and joint venture partners on project status and payment approvals.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401k Program
- Educational and professional designation assistance
- Reconcile project costs to the general ledger.
- Work with project managers or 3rdparty development partners to obtain information to book monthly draw accruals or review accrual made in general ledger by partners.
- Provide corporate reporting with capital forecast requirements.
- Be able to read and interpret development and operating agreements to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Maintain promote/participation schedules, making sure calculations adhere to the specific project agreement.
- Review and enhance the existing system of controls and financial reporting for development and construction projects.
- Responsible for the processing, reviewing, coding, tracking and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects.
- Maintain the project budget in the system making sure the approved budget is entered. Update the budgets in the system only with proper approval.
- Work with project managers on variances from approved project budget.
- Update construction draw schedules.
- Process project change orders and budget revisions.
- Work with project and asset managers as the project nears completion to develop an operating budget.
- Verify, review and analyze property general ledgers on both cash and accrual and market value basis ensuring accuracy and adherence to established accounting policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- 5+ yrs. development, construction or fixed asset accounting experience; must be recent experience.
- Experience with cost accounting and budgeting.
- Advanced skills in Word and Excel.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.