Trust Accounting Manager
|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Trust Accounting Manager. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Trust Accounting team. The Trust Accounting Manager will work closely with the SVP Trust Accounting to help develop, maintain, and manage the personnel, policies, procedures, internal controls, and financial records of the Trusts. This person should be a well-rounded accounting leader with the ability to be hands-on, drive change, and suggest/execute on process improvements. The Trust Accounting Manager is responsible for all technical accounting and compliance with US GAAP standards, especially asset management, revenue recognition, expense allocation, and partnership accounting. This person will also be vital to improving processes and financial/ERP systems, overseeing general ledger accounting for the Trusts, fair value calculations, waterfall processing and the close process for the various Trust entities, as well as various ad-hoc requests, as necessary. This person will be able to take on additional responsibilities with time, and will have exposure to treasury, tax, internal audit, legal, regulatory, and third-party stakeholders.
- Lead a team of accountants in the timely preparation, recording, reconciliation and reporting of monthly financial information.
- Assist with review and approval of journal entries in the general ledger to reflect monthly activity.
- Oversee proper recording of contributions and distributions and establishment of new Trust structures, as needed; Must have a complete understanding of the legal agreements for the Trust entities.
- Monitor and understand current processes to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources to provide scalability for increased volume while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal reviews, controls, and checks.
- Assist in development and implementation of streamlined procedures to enhance the workflow of Trust Accounting personnel and interactions with other departments within the company.
- Participate in a variety of special projects and analysis on an ad hoc basis
- 5+ years of experience in financial accounting/reporting with relevant supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA license required.
- Experience working in Financial Services, Banking, Partnership Accounting, Trust Administration, and/or Private Equity.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with a senior management team that is interested in growth and driving change.
- Solid team orientation, work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required especially enhanced skills/knowledge of Excel functions and formulas.
- Experience with Intacct and/or other accounting software required.
- Experience working with a third-party administrator is a plus.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.