Senior Tax Associate
|Date Posted||September 09, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply and get connected with a VIP recruiter today.
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Senior Tax Associate.
- Prepare advanced income tax returns for individuals, trusts and business entities.
- Review income tax returns prepared by tax associates for individuals, trusts, foundations and various business entities; mentor/teach the tax preparer through the review process.
- Research complex tax issues/questions and prepare memos summarizing the existing law and recommended actions;
- Work closely with Client Service Directors and Tax Manager/Director on various projects including income, gift and estate tax planning
- 4-10 years tax compliance experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business management.
- CPA Certification.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment.
- Experience within the area of tax research and planning.
- Must consent to and have favorable consumer report, background check.
- Experience with tax planning for high net worth individuals.
- Experience with business entity income tax issues (planning, structure, taxation, etc).
- Experience with hedge funds – structure, transactions and taxation.
- Familiarity with trust agreements, partnership agreements and wills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, initiative, and ability to make decisions within guidelines.
- Strong communication skills – mentoring less experienced staff; explaining complex tax issues to tax and non-tax professional advisors, etc.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.