Senior Manager - Technical Accounting
|Date Posted||September 10, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Senior Accounting Manager. The Senior Manager of Technical Accounting is responsible for performing technical accounting research and preparing memos/whitepaper documentation for technical accounting matters affecting the Company. The Company prides itself on developing innovative products, many of which require complex accounting analysis to ensure appropriately accounted for and reported. Experience collaborating with Accounting, Finance, Tax, Legal, Operations, Treasury, and other key business partners is a must. This position would also assist as needed with other projects/tasks to the extent time allows, but the primary focus would be technical accounting.
- Identify, research, and summarize significant new or existing transactions or accounting related issues and related implications and financial impact of complex, non-standard transactions, including, but not limited to, complex debt and equity transactions, share-based compensation, revenue recognition, derivatives, intangible asset impairment testing, consolidation accounting (including variable interest entities), loan accounting, and related reporting/disclosure matters.
- Identify and implement process and computational best practices for all core technical areas, including, but not limited to, those mentioned above.
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations for said technical areas to ensure compliance with GAAP and internal controls requirements.
- Research, evaluate, and manage the implementation of new accounting standards as required.
- Develop and implement control activities related to activities surrounding technical accounting processes.
- Work cross-functionally with legal, tax, and other business partners in analyzing complex transactions and determining the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Work with financial reporting and the corporate accounting groups to determine appropriate disclosures surrounding new significant and/or unusual transactions and new accounting standards.
- Serve as the primary liaison with external and internal auditors, external accounting advisors, etc. in the areas involving our conclusions on complex accounting topics and adoption of new accounting standards.
- • Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA required
- 8-10 years of progressive work experience in Big 4 or a combination of Big 4 and industry accounting experience.
- Extensive knowledge of ASC 480, 718, 326, 810, 350, 606 and other SEC/GAAP standards.
- Experience with complex, non-standard debt and equity transactions preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with US GAAP
- Strong technical accounting research skills, including the ability to summarize and effectively communicate research results.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.