Audit Senior I
|Date Posted||September 15, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for an Audit Senior. This position involves supervising the workflow of any Staff on the engagement. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, and ability to meet time and budget constraints.
- Establish client filing deadlines in the planning stage and meet those deadlines.
- Perform preliminary analytical procedures, prepare engagement letter, and assess risk.
- Determine the extent of sampling required and selects the transactions to be tested.
- Ensure that working papers, financial statements, tax returns, and management letters are prepare in accordance with professional and firm standards on a timely basis.
- Communicate engagement’s progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to the manager, principal or partner working on the engagement.
- Prepare financial statements including footnotes and audit reports.
- Perform the broadest range of accounting tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, principals or partners is kept to a minimum.
- Study and evaluate clients’ internal controls.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting.
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience required, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks and tax knowledge OR 6-7 years of comparable industry experience (audit related).
- Possess a current and valid certified public accountant's license.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles, basic knowledge of GAAP and GAAS.
- Experience with audit software (CCH Engagement preferred).
- Minimum of twenty (20) hours of continuing professional education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.