|Date Posted||September 17, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for a Cost Accountant. The Cost Accountant is responsible for determining, recording, and reporting unit cost factors, provide management with cost and comparative reports along with analyzing actual manufacturing costs and prepare reports comparing standard to actual costs; analyze changes in raw materials pricing and manufacturing overhead for effects on production costs. The role functions as a business support person to the plant and financial management team.
- Support and assist the Cost Accounting Manager in accomplishing the requirements as set by the company which will include ensuring that standard costs and all accounting entries are processed timely, accurate, comply with generally accepted accounting principles, and meet the cost improvement objectives set by Operations.
- Develop, maintain, and review standard costs of material, including assistance with the standard cost roll.
- Prepare new Bill of Material (BOM) as requested.
- Analyze physical material variances compared to BOM usages standards and makes recommended changes to the BOM standards. Participate in relevant BOM audits, maintenance and review for manufactured items.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods and/or services provided, to determine effects on cost and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Analyze actual labor, material and overhead cost against Standard/Budget and report variances.
- Prepares cost estimates of new or special products for establishing selling prices and production forecasts.
- Aid in the development of new labor and overhead rates, budgets and forecasts.
- Analyzes and reconciles the inventory on hand reports to the general ledger and proposes journal entries as well as provide monthly schedules showing the same.
- Prepare inventory analysis to determine obsolescence reserve and if inventory should be discontinued.
- Analyze and prepare the period inventory price testing and proposes needed reserves.
- Assist with monitoring and continuous improvement in internal controls and standard work procedures for appropriate financial operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3–5 years’ Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in automating and improving processes to gain efficiency, improve accuracy and produce high quality work is required.
- Must have a strong cost system and inventory controls background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to navigate within the company’s systems are critical, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls.
- Strong technical capacity with ability to retain information (e.g., policies, procedures) or research as needed.
- Customer service oriented.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.