Senior IT Auditor
|Date Posted||September 18, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Plano, TX client in a search for a Senior IT Internal Auditor. The Senior IT Auditor will support the company’s Internal Audit department in the planning and execution of information technology audits. You will identify and assess the risks to IT processes and systems, define and execute audit programs and communicate results to Management. You will bring a strong understanding of IT processes, ERP systems, IT infrastructure, IT General Controls and emerging technologies including robotic process automation (RPA), cloud computing, mobile computing, privacy and cyber security.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
- Design, plan, and execute Information Technology (IT) audits and reviews of systems, applications, and IT processes. Prepare workpapers ensuring clear identification and communication of risks, control gaps, deficiencies. Provide strategic and proactive consultation in identifying risk exposures and evaluating solutions for internal control weaknesses. Document and communicate results to Internal Audit Leadership.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of Information Technology General Controls (ITGC) as part of IPO readiness, should the company pursue a public exit strategy.
- Oversee IT audits covering multiple technical areas including: SOX, cyber security, cloud computing, SAP, Salesforce, mobile technology, technology infrastructure.
- Perform pre and post-implementation reviews of system implementations and enhancements.
- Perform multiple other reviews of IT management procedures such as change management, business continuity planning/disaster recovery and information security to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate.
- Guide standardization and optimization of the internal control environment.
- Document both processes and internal control activities via flowcharts, narratives, matrices.
- Perform internal control deficiency analysis and development of remediation plans (including root cause analysis). Monitor and ensure the implementation of agreed-upon controls.
- Design and execute test plans and testing approaches based on risk analysis.
- Understands effective control mitigation options to manage specific risks.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with other internal functions including external audit.
- Bachelor's Degree (Information Management, MIS, Finance with IT minor, Accounting with IT minor or related combinations or degrees with business and technical mix).
- 4+ years relevant experience supporting IT projects/engagements in technical areas such as: SOX, cyber security, cloud computing, SAP, mobile technology, or application infrastructure. Including actual “hands-on” experience with the technologies; experience includes leading multiple engagements, implementations, projects, and program management.
- Working knowledge of core IT General Control processes (e.g., Information Security, Change Management, Program Execution, IT Operations).
- Understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and applicable laws and regulations (e.g. ISO, GDPR, FedRAMP, SSAE 18, PCI).
- Professional certifications (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA, CRISC) would be highly valued.
- Big 4 or equivalent consulting experience would be considered a plus.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.