Construction Accounting Assistant Manager/ Manager
|Date Posted||September 25, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Addison, TX client in a search for a Construction Accounting Assistant Manager. The Construction Accounting Assistant Manager leads the professional support staff who are responsible for all aspects of Accounting and Reporting as it relates to development and construction projects of various company entities. This position ensures that individual development project ledgers and other real estate accounting records are in accordance with GAAP and any other required basis of accounting. This role also coordinates, trains and coaches internal and external personnel on procedures, processes and policies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Educational and professional designation assistance
- Lead professional accounting staff, providing guidance, review, mentoring, coaching and training to team, co-workers, partners and customers.
- Read and interpret development and operating agreements to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Perform and/or coordinate accounting for all development projects, including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of project budgets in the system making sure the approved budgets are entered.
- Process project change orders and budget revisions.
- Update construction draw schedules.
- Processing, reviewing, coding, tracking and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects.
- Work with project managers on variances from approved project budget.
- Maintenance of promote/participation schedules making sure the calculations adhere to the specific project agreement.
- Coordinate the receipt of required information from development partners, fee developers and others.
- Responsible for monthly development accruals and provide accurate cost information for development valuations.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of policies and procedures for development projects.
- Plan, prioritize and coordinate tasks to ensure completion of multiple assignments or project within prescribed timelines.
- Interact with internal and external customers, accounting team members, development partners, portfolio management/development teams to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations.
- Perform or coordinate analysis, consider alternatives and make recommendations on complex real estate transactions. Serve as a consultant to management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- CPA or CPA candidate required.
- 7+ yrs. Accounting experience w/ solid fundamental accounting skills.
- 5+ yrs. of managerial experience.
- Accounting background with Real Estate or General Contractor a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Yardi and/or Investment Management software a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.